Mount Maculot

5:10:00 PM


The first climb for the year! It feels good to be able to hike again after so long. I wish I could say I did good but 15 minutes into the climb I wanted to puke and my lower abdomen paralyzed me.  Ugh.  Although, after resting for a bit, I was able to recover from the hellish pain and continue.



We started our hike around 7:30 am and arrived at Rockies around 9:30 am. I thought that was pretty good but our guide said otherwise. He said it usually takes an hour and a half. Well, maybe if my organs weren't trying to kill me, we would've arrived earlier.


Our guide in orange
Our guide noticed how bad I was doing so he cut me a walking stick from the branches. I felt bad for the trees but I did a little better with the walking stick. Also, I feel like Gandalf and I wanted to yell "you shall not pass" at anyone we'd meet by the path but there was no one. :))


The view from one of the rest stops


EDSA ain't the only place with traffic jams
Finally!!
The friend and I had brunch at the Rockies and enjoyed a candy bar I bought from a recent travel to the US
We didn't stay too long this time because, besides the number of people, the wind was insanely strong! Not the kind that makes you want to stay and chat.



We also wanted to go before the large group so that our descent won't be slowed down.


Down we go!
We arrived around 12nn. We rested for a bit then took a bath. 


The water was freezing. Brrrr
After the very cold bath, we took to the road and had lunch at SM Lipa.

Bye puppies!
And that concludes our first climb for the year! Here are the details for the trip:

Getting there
  1. Ride Bus to Tambo Exit at South Station, Alabang (php94.00/pax)
  2. Get down at Tambo Exit. Ride jeep to Lemery. Tell driver to drop you off at Cuenca. (Php22.00/pax). Once you arrive, you can opt to buy food or water at the cafeterias or convenience stores around. 
  3. Ride tricycle (Php40.00/trike)
  4. The tricycle will stop by the registration booth. Write your names at the log book, pay the registration fee (20php/pax), and leave a valid ID. Due to the victor incident, taking a guide with you is now mandatory. A guide costs php400 for a group of four. Each additional head will cost php50. If you have a large group, you may be required to take more than 1 guide with you.
  5. Before starting the hike, you can take a bathroom break for Php5-Php10.
After the hike
  1. If you wish to take a bath, it's php15
  2. Ride trike back to highway (php40/trike). Don't forget to stop by the registration booth and get your ID.
  3. Ride jeep to SM Lipa. If you're headed to the north, get down at SM Lipa (php25/pax). If you're heading to the south, get down by Robinson/ old bus stop (I don't know how much sorry) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments