Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics Philippines : My Lasik Experience

6:25:00 AM

Update (5/26/2017) : No problems so far. I no longer remember what's it like to depend on a pair of glasses everyday. Still enjoying the benefits of my Lasik procedure two years ago :)

Update (4/7/2016) : It's been a year since my Lasik surgery! Happy anniversary, perfect eyesight! I am happy to report that my vision is still crystal clear with no complications whatsoever. I've been hiking, swimming, running, reading, and writing and have not experienced anything noteworthy. Getting this surgery is definitely one of the best decisions I've made.  

Update (8/1/2015) : It has been 3 months after the surgery and my eyes are doing great! I've been to El Nido, Palawan recently and I was able to swim in it's beautiful coral reefs.  I am one happy customer. :)


I have been wearing glasses since I was seven. When I was in grade school, the kids teased me. When I was in high school/ college, it was a hassle because I was in the swim team. Now, I found it to be even more unbearable because I got into running and I travel a lot. I hate wearing contacts. So when I found out about BDO's 50% off promo on Shinagawa's Lasik services, not even a hint of hesitation passed my mind. I was determined to get my eyes fixed.




I called the clinic and asked what were the things to do if I were interested in the procedure. After asking my age, they told me that I should go through a screening first. I scheduled my screening on a Saturday.



Man, that is one fancy clinic
The screening took around 4-5 hours. I would strongly suggest that you do not set any other appointments on the day of your screening. I'm glad I didn't. There was a quite a lot of people, which is normal on the weekends according to them. They gave me a questionnaire that asked  about personal information and a survey of how you've heard of them. They also gave me a copy of the list of tests during the screening and how it would be done. When I submitted the questionnaire, I waited for a bit then I was called. Time to put those eyes to the test!


There are so many machines. These are just the half of them
After numerous tests and a lot of waiting, the results were in. I am a qualified candidate for Shinagawa's Lasik procedure. Huzzah! Apparently, not everyone passes this screening. Some due to age, some due to very high eye grade, and there are some who, because of wearing contact lens a lot, scarred their eye too deep, the procedure was not possible.

After discussing with the doctor and the consultant, I was surprised to learn that I had to let them know right away if I wanted to avail the Lasik procedure. My plan was to find out if I pass the screening then figure out some things financially then decide. I had little choice but to decide that day. After much deliberation... lol jk, I didn't do much deliberation. I just panicked a bit then told them I'll go for the most expensive Lasik procedure because they were scaring the daylights out of me with all the less expensive ones. I gave the down payment (because I couldn't afford to pay everything right away) and left the building with a smile on my face, not sure if excited or nervous. It was finally happening.


I scheduled the procedure on the first week of April. I asked my parents to take me. I prepared my payment. I waited.


On the day of the procedure, I waited a few more hours. When they finally called me, I found myself grouped with four other people who were scheduled for the procedure as well. They gave us a pack containing eye medicine and a pair of glasses.


After a quick orientation, we waited again. The reason we had to wait this time is because the machine had to be warmed up. This is also the reason why the procedure is done in batches. 

Do you remember the scenes on TV dramas where doctors are working on their patients and the patient on the table sees the lights and the surgeons? It sort of felt like that. Only, there were no surgeons. Just a big machine over your face. I could feel my heart pounding but I did my best to obey what the doctor told me to do, like look up or look down. The procedure itself was really quick. It took 8 minutes per eye.


When it was done, we all went back to the room where we were oriented and waited for everyone to finish. Our eyes were beginning to hurt. The personnel took some anesthesia drops and applied it to our eyes for some quick relief. The doctor came in and checked our eyes. There were no problems with mine. I was good to go.


IT STINGED. During the ride home, my eyes were killing me. The anesthesia wore off and I couldn't do a thing. My eyes wanted to give up. I kept it close until we got home and I went straight to bed hoping it would wear off the next day. And it did. 


The next day, I found that my vision wasn't a 100% perfect. Everything was clear, yes, but I was seeing double. It was mild and only obvious with edges but it frustrated me anyway because I wasn't used to it and I paid good money for good vision right away. Since I couldn't do anything about it, I patiently waited for it to go away. I applied all my eye medicine on time like I was told to. I wore the tinted glasses during the day. I wore the eye shields at night.



Eye shields are given for free. Cat not included
After more or less a week, the double vision was gone. EVERYTHING WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR.

On my first post Lasik check-up, they checked my eye grade and I was informed that I had 20/10 vision. How great is that?! After almost 20 years of hiding behind a pair of glasses, my eyes are finally free!  Sure, it cost me what my kidney would be worth if I sold it but I have no regrets. Once my financial woes eases down a bit, I'd be able to go swimming, running, hiking and travelling again without the trouble of having to wear spectacles. 



Check it! Check it! Now people can see my cute baggy eyes!
I thought of sharing some details (costs, etc.) like I always do with my posts but it would be better if you call the clinic instead.  I wouldn't want to be the cause of misinformation. They respond right away to calls and are very accommodating. Don't hesitate to call them if you have inquiries.

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. How can you avail the 50% off promo dear? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to avail the promo because I was a BDO credit card holder. Not sure if promo is still going on. You can call them for ongoing promos. :)

      Delete
  2. Hanggang ngayon po ba e ganun pa din 20/10 po? Lagi pa din po ba kayong nakatutok sa gadgets? or di na po masyado?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xyra, Yes, lagi akong tutok sa gadgets. I spend the day in front of a laptop (I work as a programmer) then on my free time, I like going on my social media accounts and reading e-books on my tablet, so yeah, tutok talaga ako :) and yes, clear pa din po ang vision ko. No complaints, so far. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. ThankYou po, btw, masakit po ba kapag ginaganap na yung procedure? ano pong pakiramdam nung ginaganap na po?

      Delete
    3. During the procedure mismo, wala ka mararamdaman dahil sa anestisya. Naramdaman ko na ung hapdi nung pauwi na kasi nawala na un effect ng anestisya. Masmaganda kung hapon gawin ung procedure para itutulog mo na lang ung sakit. The next day, wala na un. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mina, the last time I checked, merong limit. I think over the limit na kung 1000 ang grado ng mata mo. You can call them to check. As for complications after the operation, isi-screen ka muna nila kung viable candidate ka para maiwasan un ganon. In the event na magkaroon pa din ng complications kahit okay ka sa screening, well, actually, I haven't heard or read kung may nangyari na ngang ganon. So far, good naman ang mga reviews nila sa Shinagawa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Mina. Thanks din! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi po.. Pwede bang malaman kung anong lasik treatment ang ginawa sau? How much ung regular price? Thanks po.. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nica, at that time nasa 150k ang Z-lasik procedure pero nakuha ko sya ng 50% off (meds included). It's one of the pricier procedures kasi mabilis ang recovery compared sa traditional. I'm not sure how much it is now. Pede mo sila tawagan to check. Ang alam ko lagi silang may promo. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi po.. Pwede bang malaman kung anong lasik treatment ang ginawa sau? How much ung regular price? Thanks po.. ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi..gusto ko sana i-avail ang promo nila na 68K daw for z-lasik. Kapag promo ba,wala na hidden charges yun?salamat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm... sa case ko, wala naman pong hidden charges. Kung anu ung napagusapan namin ng kausap ko, un lang ung nilabas ko. Siguro i-confirm niyo na lang po ung about sa meds and consultation kung covered ng promo or hindi. Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  8. Hi..gusto ko sana i-avail ang promo nila na 68K daw for z-lasik. Kapag promo ba,wala na hidden charges yun?salamat

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1075 grade ko and maganda naman results kay shinagawa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I had my Lasik too in Shinagawa last July 2016. So far, my vision is still clear! I agree, this is the best decision I made in my life. �� Btw, did you comply to the post op check up? Like regularly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I did the post op check up except for the last one, which is i think a year after. the check ups are really quick. Just around 5-10 mins.

      Delete
  11. Eto ba ung 9mos installment na promo ni BDO credit card sis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah hindi po. Hindi sya installment. isang bigay po na 50% off. Although BDO din ung promo na to

      Delete
  12. Hi! Ok lng ba na walang kasama sa initial screening? As in ok ung vision after nung screening?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi may i ask how is your vision currently? Is the procedure really worth it? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. YaldoEyeCenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. YaldoEyeCenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, may i ask how old are you nung nagpalasik ka?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. Click to visit game.
    sims 4 cheats

    ReplyDelete