Boracay Day 1 : Pub Crawl

6:34:00 AM

After months of working our butts off at work, the friends and I were excited for a long overdue vacation. Boracay, here we come!

We all met up at Terminal 4. Our flight was scheduled at 12:25 pm and we arrived an hour later at the Kalibo International Airport.

It was the first time I had a flight not scheduled in the wee hours of the morning. It feels great to arrive at your destination not feeling like a vegetable.
We were expecting someone with a placard with my name on it or at least someone from the travel agency but we didn't find any. After calling a number of people from Shadow Travel and Tours, someone finally answered and told us that Island Star Express was to be our transport provider. When we approached the Island Star Express booth, we finally found my name.
There.it.is.
None within our group were aware that we would be riding with Island Star Express. Why oh why were we not informed??


Island Star Express
One unpleasant 2-hour bus ride later, we arrived at the Caticlan Jetty Port terminal. Paid php100 for the terminal fee and php75 for the environmental fee.


Be mindful of your fees
On our way to a jetty ride
There is enough blindingly orange life jackets for everyone
The jetty ride is just about 15 minutes. When we arrived at the island, an L300 van was waiting for us. They drove us to La Carmela De Boracay and we arrived some time around 3 or 4pm.

La Carmela De Boracay

All dead tired from the travelling
I showed our voucher to the front desk and paid the deposit fee of php2000. We got a pair of connecting rooms.
One for the guys
and one for the goddesses :))
The room is in very good condition. Clean linens, clean toilets, a safe that is free to use, cable, air-conditioned.
soaps and shampoos
Clean and spacious toilets
A safe for your valuables
After settling down and resting a bit, we head out for a very late lunch. We were too hungry to stray too far from the hotel so we decided to eat at the nearest familiar food joint, Reyes' Barbecue.
Look at those tired and hungry faces
When the tummies were satisfied, we went to D-mall because some of the guys needed to buy a pair of board shorts for swimming. Why they didn't bring one, I don't know.

D-Mall

D-mall
It seems like they have everything here
They've got souvenirs,of course . Money changers? All over the place
Left your sunnies? D-mall's got you. Gotta pay your phone bills? No problemo!
Lost your luggage at the airport? Get a whole new wardrobe at D-mall 
Forgot to put your GoPro in your bag? No worries! They've got the latest release for ya!
These hand-painted shirts are wow
You can watch the artist do their stuff
After the stroll, we went back to the hotel to freshen up and get ready for the Pub Crawl.

Pub Crawl



We arrived at the meeting place at 8pm. They handed out waivers for our approval and gave us our shirts, ballers, and shot glass.


You should know that I am not accustomed to going out at night. In fact I've never set foot in a night club before. So you can imagine my horror when the organizers, or the captains as they would like to be called, told us that we have to make at least three new friends or else a punishment in the form of drawings on the face with a marker shall be bestowed upon us. Whyyy
If you look closely you can see the fear in my eyes
So there I was, bobbing around like the social retard I am, when I found my friends talking with people! I didn't want to have to scrub ink off my face so I joined the conversation. Later, I found myself starting conversations! How awesome is that?? Sure, it was only a handful but still. Some of my friends were killing it though! It feels as if they made friends with everyone already.


The two guys who left us for other people
2 shots later and my head was already spinning. Apparently, I suck at this. But I persevered. I grabbed one of my friend's shoulder for support and I persevered until the last pub.



We left the last pub around 1 in the morning. I'm not sure if there was any activity after the last pub but my friends said that there weren't any more so we left. The guys went out for a meal and the girls went straight to bed.


And that concludes our first day. Next, activities down underwater and up in the sky!


Day 2: Island hopping, cliff diving, parasailing, helmet diving, Talipapa

Day 3: Beach bumming, shopping
Itinerary and Expenses



photo credits: PubCrawl Ph, Rem Calumba

You Might Also Like

0 comments