New York Day 1 : Rockefeller, St. Patrick Cathedral, Public Library, Grand Central, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square

10:20:00 PM

Recently, I was sent to Arizona to do some project-related stuff. I stayed there for two weeks and I was able to go see the Grand Canyons on my first weekend. On my second weekend, before going home to the Philippines, I got to go to New York!
New Yooork, concrete jungle where something something
I have an aunt who lives at Queens so I stayed at her place during the trip.


No snow in sight. Thank goodness because I cannot stand the cold
On the first day, our first stop was Rockefeller center
A lot of people in line for the skating rink


That is the biggest real Christmas tree I have seen 
The rink still being prepared. I hear admission fee here is really pricey
We dropped by the NBC Experience Store in the area and had a quick tour. I found merchandise from my favourite TV series! It was nostalgic.


Dundler Mifflin! 
I still remember which episodes from FRIENDS these lines were from
That is a lot of MnMs
I wonder if it's real. Such a waste to put all these candy just for display
I feel like a... uh... a tourist. Yeh.
Next stop, St. Patrick's Cathedral


A cathedral in the middle of the city
Get your souvenir medals
and light a candle and pray
A lot of it was under construction
After a lot of walking, we had lunch at a pizza place nearby.


Mmm... Pepperoni pizza
There was a woman who saw how we had tons of tour pamphlets and stuff so she went ahead and told us about places we should definitely go to. I don't remember most of it but what I do remember is that she said the pizza we were having is not THE original New York Pizza. If we wanted real NY pizza, we should go to Joe's. In my head, I was like "really? I can't believe there's pizza even better than this. This is reeaaaally good ". We didn't get the chance to go there though.

Our next stop was the public library.


So pretty
I was surprised to see people who were really studying
After the library, we went to Grand Central Terminal.
This is where the avengers fought with the aliens right?
It's... a train station
There was a fair!
I love fairs
We roamed around the fair a bit but we did it real quick because I didn't have the energy to stop by each booth and talk. Some of the stuff looks really cute, though.

When we exited the building, a ticket agent approached us and offered us a hop-on, hop-off kind of tour for $29/pax. My aunt haggled and we got it for $25. She is a haggling queen, yes, and I admire here for it. I do not have that kind of guts. 

We waited for the bus and got on. It was good to be able to sit after hours of walking.


I can't remember what store this is but there were two performers up there
Guggenheim Museum is beautiful!
We didnt' get down at Grand Central park because it didn't seem very inviting at the time. It was really cold
We decided to get down of the bus at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.





The museum was huge but I couldn't really explore everything because of depleting energy levels and the time. Sigh. I am definitely going back here.


Some food stalls in front of the museum
When we were done, we waited for the hop-on,hop-off bus. It was freezing!!! I thought we'd be popsicles by the time the bus came. We waited for so long. I was in pain in the cold and I couldn't figure out how the people passing by were just casually strolling. How?!

When the bus finally came, we stayed  for a while and toured the city. I got to photograph awesome lights and stuff!



It's a good thing we decided to go on hop-on/hop-off bus too because look at the crowd down there!


If I dived right in there, I would not touch the ground
We got out of the bus at Times Square. There was this MnM's store and we entered because a work colleague of mine asked me to buy her a party bag of MnMs. I didn't find any though.






New York has an abundance of MnMs
And finally, the iconic Times Square.


wow
ooooh
ahhh
so many... ads.
I don't really know what to say about Times Square. Just that, the place was bustling with people and the billboards are everywhere. It made me curious how it looks like at day.

After marveling at all that, my aunt and I head back home to get some rest for the next day. Goodbye Times Square! 



Check out my second (and last day) at NY here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments