The Grand Canyons

1:31:00 PM

It was not in my travel plans (yet) to visit the Grand Canyons but since I'm in Arizona, it would be a waste of opportunity not to.


It was surreal
 I had a free weekend in AZ and a work colleague of mine suggested I go see Grand Canyon. She gave me a link to a travel agency's site and I made a reservation online. You can visit the site at southwesttours.com. I picked the Grand Canyons via Sedona package.

Their van picked me up from the hotel at around 7 am. There were a couple of people already in the van. Then we picked up two more and headed straight to our destination.

Sedona


"The most photographed rock in the world, Bell rock" - Scott, our Tour guide

During the drive, everything was like a scenery from my window. And our tour guide, he was talking all day! He was so full of energy, it amazed me. How could he keep talking all the time? And it's not like he was talking just for the sake of talking. He knew a lot of stuff! He wasn't only talking about the places we were passing by. He was talking about things like Helium 3 and american propaganda. How could a person know this much?!

This here's our first stop
Bathroom break, anyone?
Here's the van
After the quick break, we headed to the famous rocks
The rock that is shaped like a bell
and another rock that is shaped... like a rock, I suppose
After the quick photo sessions, we head to our next stop which was at the Sedona Center
Pretty trees
The rocks are really pretty around these parts

The Sedona Trolley is cute
Christmas tree!

Scott told us that the houses or buildings here are required to be painted in an earth tone. If you paint it in any bright colours, you'll be asked to paint it to something earthy. He says that the logo of Mcdonald's there is not coloured yellow, but Turquoise. How interesting.

We had lunch at Cameron, a restaurant slash souvenir shop
Cameron
I had the Gunslinger
The plates are so earthy
These jars are so beautiful!
Toys made by the natives
I am loving the colors on these jackets!
Grand Canyon

After lunch, it was time to go to the canyons. I napped during the drive so I couldn't remember how long the trip was.
Check out the entrance fees
The first stop was the Watchtower
The Watchtower
The view from there is amaaaazing
At the top of the tower, there are these coin-operated binoculars(?)
There's a souvenir shop inside the tower
A cute replica of the tower
After around 15 minutes of taking photos of every nook and cranny, we head to the next stop. I forgot what it's called.

How awesome are the canyons?
Crazy view. Everything is just pretty
The next stop had all of us shaking in the knees.

Yes. we were at that edge
Our crazy tour guide, talking about which cliff would kill you if you fall
My tourmates, trying to stay away from the edge
Next stop is the Duck Rock.

Hi rubber ducky
Duck on a rock?
On our way to the last stop, we saw elks!
Our final stop is by El Tovar. Scott was saying that a movie was shot here but I don't remember what.
El Tovar
The canyons are most beautiful on a sunset. Look at how the light hits it
The hotel has souvenir shops
Keychains, anyone?
This one's interesting
Tiny turtle pot is cute!
And that ends my adventure at The Grand Canyons. It is such a privilege to be able to see it. I can't thank God enough for the experience. :)
Goodbye canyons!

You Might Also Like

0 comments