The Things We Did at Boracay

9:08:00 PM



I know I've already done a blog post about Boracay a long time ago but some close friends and I visited recently and we had loads of fun! I can't resist sharing stories about a very good trip. So here it is, things we did at Boracay!

Parasailing


The last time I went parasailing, it was done by pairs so I was a bit worried that one of us might have to go solo (I had two friends with me). Lucky for us, it was possible for three to go at a time!
I wonder where the boat is here in this photo
Once at the top, you get to take in an aerial view of the island and man, is it beautiful! Sure, we screamed our lungs out every time the wind threaten to unchain us from our harness but it was worth it. Our parasailing experience was incredible (and not to mention, safe). Definitely enjoyed our 15 minutes up in the sky.
I would have loved to upload our videos but I fear that your ears will come off from all the high-pitched screaming
Hell yeah we had a great time!

Helmet Diving 


Since I've already done this before, the magic was no longer there for me. But it absolutely wasn't for my two companions who braved the deep waters for a glimpse of the schools of fish who have long forgotten what the normal food chain is and have depended on us humans for their daily sustenance.
Yes fish, get in that photo
Most people change their mind and don't go through with this unique experience because of how the pressure in the ears suddenly changes. For any first timers out there, this is quite normal. It is explained, after all, during the orientation before you dip in the water. But I do understand that the pressure could be quite shocking.
What shocked me though was how handsy our attendant was. I wanted to feed his fingers to the fishes 

Snorkeling


If you avail any island hopping packages, snorkeling at a certain area is one of the activities that will be included. If you've been to places like Palawan or Puerto Galera, I'm afraid the snorkeling experience here will not measure up. The area in which we swam in was all floating bread pieces and little to no marine life at all. I didn't even get to explore much because of the time limit.
The two girls didn't accompany me underwater
Where all the fishes at?

Puka Beach

Puka Beach was also another item on our list during our Island Hopping activity and it was beautiful! The sand is fine and the water is very clear. The waves could get a bit strong though. My friend and I were getting massacred by the waves at the shore when her GoPro escaped her grip. Her life flashed before her eyes and I quickly grabbed her action camera before the waves took ownership of it.
Look at those GoPro-murdering waves
Too bad we could only stay for 45 minutes. That's the disadvantage of going Island Hopping with a big group. It's cheaper but you only get to stay on the islands for an allotted time.
You can chill on those mats for free if you buy some beverages, which is a little bit expensive btw
That's it, my little duckling, walk towards that beautiful body of water
Breaks my heart that we could only stay for a couple of minutes

Crystal Cove


Crystal Cove is this one developed island that you can explore for an entrance fee of 200php. It's pretty big and there are coves, a bird park and a tower from where you can enjoy a view of the ocean.
The Baywatch tower

We were given an hour by our boat guide which was so not enough. By the time we got down from the Baywatch tower, we were running as fast as we could back to the beach because we could see our boat with all our fellow passengers in it, ready to get going.

It's a long walk between the islands attractions
They have coves that you can visit
in between land and water


huts everywhere

ATV


We got to try the ATV and drove to the Ocean Tower. It was a 15-minute ATV ride to the tower.

Driving the ATV was easy enough. Also, you'll be driving on concrete so that makes it easier. You'll just have to be careful when driving through populated areas.

The area, BTW, is a bit far off from the beach. So you'll have to ride a vehicle to get to the ATV spot. Allot maybe around 20 minutes for that.

Ocean Tower


This attraction will cost you php100 but the view from the top will make it worth your while. We got there by ATV but I'm not sure if you can arrive there through some other way.
The view is amazing

Beach Bumming


If none of these activities interest you for some reason or if your budget is not as cooperative as you would like for it to be, you are very much welcome to spend your trip lounging about in the powdery white sands of Boracay.
Enjoying the sunset from Station 3
Basking in the morning sunlight at Station 1
If you want your beach algae-free and with a relatively small crowd, go for stations 3 and 4. If you like your water chock full of algae, hang out around stations 1 and 2. The algae flocks Boracay around the summer season and melts away during the rainy season. We've been told that the seaweeds melt and turn into sand. I have yet to verify the validity of that information.
Visited the grotto at Station 1
Thought we'd be one of the first at the Grotto because of how early we left the hotel. Turns out we're not early enough
I don't know about you but I think this is the true measure of friendship #friendshipgoals
Totally not faking this candid shot
If I've known my friends won't actually use the zoom on the zoom lens I've just attached to the SLR, maybe I wouldn't have walked that far into the water.
Okay, that's a little better
Same with what we did on my first Boracay trip, neither of this was prepared beforehand. We found ourselves an agent roaming around at the beach area and went with whatever offers were available.

Sun Garden Hilltop Hotel

For accommodations, we  booked ourselves a room at the Sun Garden Hilltop Hotel. They weren't kidding about the Hilltop part. The hotel was a 10-15 minute walk from the beach and there were these stairs, these stairs that drained a quarter of our soul every time we had to return to the hotel.Well, I exaggerate but the reason it felt like that was because we were so exhausted from all the activities and are eager to take a much deserved break. So having that flight of stairs between us and our hotel room is a total nightmare.
Oh the horror
If you are going to go somewhere other than the beach, it would be wiser to take a tricycle to some places (like D-Talipapa and Station 1) then walk. Trust me on this. My friends and I have since then regretted our decision to sacrifice our feet and rumbling tummies in order to skimp on some tricycle fare. The hotel is a 3-minute walk away from the highway anyway.

The hotel itself is good and clean. The rooms and its toilets are spacey and spotless. I wish the outlets weren't placed on the back of the beds, though. It was difficult to reach.
Our room
Bat ako nag-eemote dito?
Breakfast is served around 7 in the morning. But you can request to have it earlier like we did
But what makes this place truly special is the amount of cats roaming around the area! They should rename their hotel to Cat Garden Hilltop Hotel.
I simply cannot resist the cuteness
They lingered during breakfast
Some were friendly and some were shy

Southwest Tours

For land transfer from and to Kalibo, we availed a package from Southwest Tours. Some of the hotel staff said that Southwest Tours was expensive but my friends and I found it to be very convenient. Our trip was smooth from when we landed in Kalibo up to our Hotel doorstep. They even operate 24/7 so you don't have to worry if you booked a flight too late in the night or too early in the morning.

So that's it. A run-over of our trip to Boracay. I have a travel itinerary here that I made some time ago if you're interested. You can check out my old Boracay blog posts from there as well.

Hope you enjoyed this post!


Photo credits : Abi Minto, Alis Alcain

You Might Also Like

0 comments