Pico De Loro

6:14:00 PM

Pico de Loro or the Parrot's beak in English, is one challenging climb compared to some of my treks (well, I've only climbed four so...). There are what feels like a bajillion rocks and a bajillion zigzagging roots all over the place. My legs were going numb at about 60% on the climb down. I'm beginning to contemplate that I really need something that resembles physical exercise in my daily life.

My least favourite part of this particular trip was the part when I had to wait for THREE WHOLE HOURS for my companions. I wanted to physically hurt them when they finally arrived. Anyway, here's how we got to Pico de Loro:

1. From Coastal Mall, we rode a bus to Ternate, Maragundon. Told the conductor that we're headed to Pico De Loro (81php)
2. Rode tricycle to Pico. 75php/pax for at least three passengers. Two passengers only will cost you 100php/pax so I'm guessing minimum fare is 200php per tricycle.
3. Registered at DENR station (25php)
4. Registered again at 1st base camp (20php)

How we got home:
1. From DENR station, we rode a tricycle to bus stop (75php/pax)
2. Rode bus to Coastal Mall (81php)

This trip cost me a lot because I brought two of my siblings along. And as she who was born first and who has a monthly income, I was therefore responsible for every financial need brought about by the trek.
Look at how happy they are. If only they knew how broke I was after the climb
The view was beautiful by the camp site before the summit.
It was even more beautiful at the summit.
Although we had to sacrifice blood, sweat, and tears to get there. It was all loose soil on the climb to the summit. We were holding on to rocks and dry grass for our lives. I was literally crawling.
I didn't had any strength left to climb the Parrot's Beak but my brother did so he and our other companions went on.
Enjoyed photo ops, naturally.



The trek was long enough to almost numb most of my legs but the view was definitely worth it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments